Friday 13 November 2009

He started it!


You knew it and I knew it...well...I knew it anyway! Don't get me wrong, I haven't used Windows 7 yet, (I won't like it!), but after it was launched recently, I couldn't help but feel some of the 'new features' seemed very familiar to me!

1. Taskbar

"Manage lots of open programs, documents, and browser windows easily with thumbnail and full-screen previews of open windows."

Are you serious? For real? Taskbar? Dock? Anyone?

2. Windows Search

"Instantly locate and open virtually any file on your PC, from documents to emails to songs, right from the Start menu just by typing a word or two."

Errrrrm, ok, anyone could have come up with this but, to me...and this is just me...it smacks of Spotlight!

3. Pin

"Pin programs to the taskbar. Pin files to Jump Lists. Just like tacking notes on a bulletin board, you can use pin to keep the things you need close at hand."

Dock! Dock Dock Dock!

Add to that the new-look aqua graphics and translucent windows and, well, you may as well get a Mac, at least it won't get virused (unlike my grammar!)

Although don't take my word for it. I present Exhibit A.

No comments:

Post a Comment